The leg muscles under the most stress during a football match or training are the hamstrings, quadriceps, calves, adductors, and thighs.
To relax the muscles, we're going to try a massage. You can use massage cream or oil and self-massage accessories:
- massage roller, soft or hard. Here you use your body weight for a deep massage. There are also vibrating rollers for a more in-depth massage.
- massage stick, you can use this to exercise as much or as little pressure as you want.
- massage ball, allows you to focus on a particularly painful area, ideal for massaging the buttocks.
- massage tool, a small, practical item with a vibrate function.
- massage gun, for a powerful massage of painful areas.
NB: One of the most common football injuries is strained hamstrings from repeated sprints. It may be worth massaging this area to improve the flexibility of the muscle and to stretch, in addition to strengthening the hamstrings.